Tuesday, August 23, 2016

What's in your drawers??


Today is Clueless Wonder's birthday!
Clueless when he was little in his fat, bat hat


Today I was supposed to be writing, but really all of the drawers in the bedroom had to be emptied the clothes folded with military precision. After the clothes, I really should Dr. Google how to concrete the driveway. Wandering the aisles at Staples for a hole punch I might need is on the horizon.
Hello, queen of procrastination!

During the drawer procrastination, I came across the fat, bat hat from the above photo. I adored that hat and thought Clueless looked quite jaunty wearing it.
Jaunty Hat

Nostalgia for days gone by creep up now and then. He's getting older and the days of skipping a couple of meals to lose a few pounds are way gone, if they ever existed. Eating only carrots and hummus for days, turning slightly orange and not losing anything is upon me.

Next week is green apple week. If you see a strange woman in the aisles of Staples muttering about the perfect hole punch while lugging a bag of apples, give her a small smile. She needs it.

Is there anything nostalgic you've kept?

I do promise to post why I call him Clueless Wonder.

7 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to CW!

    And yes, I'm big on nostalgia AND procrastination. :}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely Samanthe!Thank you for stopping by. Have you kept the pasta glued to paper pictures like me?

      I'm going to think about procrastinating today :)

      Delete
  2. Oh Happy birthday to Clueless Wonder I do hope he has a fabulous day maybe he will put the hat on and pose again for a nostalgic picture and why yes I d have a lot of stuff lying around the house that I keep for memories LOL and I do also love to out things off when I can :)

    Have Fun
    Helen

    Enjoy those apples I am enjoying lots of things I shouldn't be at the moment while on holidays oh well I will get back to it when I get home next week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helen,
      What an awesome idea of recreating Clueless wearing the hat! I am not looking forward to apple week just quietly.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Hayson x

      Delete
  3. Funny you should mention being seen with a bag of apples. My favorite writer of all time is Agatha Christie and one of her later characters is Ariadne Oliver and she's always toting apples around. Also, she's a writer - rather an author surrogate, I believe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi eArnie. Thank you for stopping by. I love Agatha Christie. My favorite Ariande Oliver was Dead Mans Folly. Loved that book. <3

      Delete
  4. My father loved fishing, and used to drag me along when we vacationed in the Adirondacks. Even though I haven't been fishing since I was a kid, I kept he fishing gear after he passed away, and even hung a few of his favorite lures in my workshop in the garage.

    ReplyDelete